Across the Trust every member of staff receives Safeguarding Training and all staff are made aware of the Designated Safeguarding Officer within their school.
Each School will ensure:
• That all staff know how to access the Safeguarding Policy
• That all staff are clear on how to follow procedures
• That all staff receive annual Safeguarding Training
• That safe recruitment practices, which provide for appropriate checks, are in place and adhered to
• The designated person liaises regularly with the Executive Head of the Fellowship.
If you have any safeguarding issues, in the first instance please contact the Designated Safeguarding Lead for the relevant Academy (details of which can be found on each school website), or if it is a Trust wide concern please contact our Director of Safeguarding and Wellbeing on 07872 694840 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or our Trust Safeguarding Lead on 07860 504032 or email email@example.com
How safeguarding is included in the curriculum?
C.I.T promotes safety with our pupils by:
Every pupil receives PSHE lessons where subjects are specifically targeted. We also endeavour to cover a range of topics throughout the curriculum such as:
• Stranger danger
• Road safety
• Medicines + Drug awareness
• Sex and Relationships education
• Internet safety
• Emergency services and first aid
At C.I.T we are committed to giving our pupils the tools and knowledge that are required to keep themselves and each other safe from harm.
Please click on the link below to visit the Department of Education’s guidance if you have a child abuse concern: