Caythorpe Primary School are delighted to announce that they have achieved the School Games Platinum Mark Award for the 2021/22 and 2022/23 academic years.
The School Games Mark is a Government-led award scheme launched in 2012, facilitated by the Youth Sport Trust to reward and recognise school’s engagement in the School Games against a national benchmark and to celebrate keeping young people active, and we are delighted to have been recognised for our success.
Caythorpe’s physical activity and school sport achievements this year include:
- Active Ambassadors winning “Sports Crew of the Year!”
- 100% Foundation stage pupils engagement with playground games.
- A wide range of extra-curriular clubs including netball, KS1 and KS2 football, cricket, tennis, gymnastics, KS1 summer games and basketball.
- Competative and non-competative opportunities in a wide range of sports at intra-school events.
- School Games day – 100% engagement.
- Sports Day – 100% engagement.
to name but a few…
The school are extremely proud of their pupils for their dedication to all aspects of physical activity and school sport, including their Active Ambassadors, the young volunteers, leaders and officials who made our events possible.
We are committed to using the School Games to try and engage those young people who haven’t previously been active or represented our school and to try and ensure that all our students have a positive experience and want to try out new activities beyond school too in our community. We believe in the power of physical activity and school sport as a school and give opportunities to those young people that need it most either as a participant, leader, official or volunteer.
As part of our application, we were asked to fulfil criteria in the areas linked to the five School Games outcomes and we are pleased that the hard work of everyone at our school has been rewarded this year. A special thanks to Miss Falkner our Active Sports Coordinator from Carres Outreach, as well as parents who have supported with transport and assisting at events.
We look forward to applying once again in 2024!